1790 In 1790, a Lodge warranted by the “Antients” as No.260 met at the Carpenters Arms in Castle Gate, Nottingham. This Lodge transferred to the Moderns and was renumbered 595 and named the Warren Lodge in 1802 - in honour of Sir John Borlace Warren of Stapleford who was a Rear Admiral of the White in the Royal Navy. He had recently become the Provincial Grand Master of Nottinghamshire after resigning as the Provincial Grand Master for Derbyshire. (The Warren Lodge ceased to exist in 1823, after the death of Sir John.) If Lodges existing under two different constitutions seems a little confusing, it comes about by “The Grand Lodge” reorganising or perhaps more correctly modifying Masonry, so that when Irish Masons came to England they were not able to prove themselves Masons under the “new” English arrangement. So the Irish formed another Grand Lodge, calling themselves “The Antients” and styling the existing Grand Lodge “The Moderns”. It seemed to the Irish that the “Moderns” had corrupted Antient Freemasonry, so, the old became The Moderns, and the new became “The Antients”.